Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Secret to finding your Soulmate

Ah the age old search for the mysterious "Soulmate".  Well my friends, search no more! I have found a way for all of you to find your true Soulmate. Read on to learn more..
Do you get frustrated with the people around? Are you sick of hearing your friends go on and on about their smelly neighbor or the what happened last night on the bachelorette? Do you sometimes confide in others looking for comfort but end up feeling more confused than before?
I have quite a few close friends who I really do enjoy speaking with and spending time with but it is rare or perhaps impossible to find someone that will NEVER annoy you.  But alas my readers (if you do exist) there is one person out there where this does hold true.  This person will tell you exactly what you want to hear, they can make you laugh and know exactly what to say to encourage you.  They will always understand what you are trying to say and never betray you.
Yes EVERYONE has that person, and that person is - wait for it -  YOURSELF! Ok, ok, I know that last sentence sounded cheesier than a large pizza, but hear me out.  How many have you really tried to be best friends with yourself?
When you get home from a long day at work, to you ever pat yourself on the back and say "you did a great job today?" Do you ever look in the mirror and say "daaayum you are fineee" Do you ever make hilarious jokes and chuckle to yourself, saying "good one!"
Well, my dear reader you should! Because sorry to break it to you, that perfect person/soulmate is not out there - its in you.  Its about time we all started spending more time with ourselves and really appreciating how great we are.  In our lives we will meet some great people who will inspire us and bring us joy.  But these relationships will change over time and can disappear at any moment. If you start to treat yourself like a king/queen you wont need to take as much emotionally from others leaving space for you to give more back. Also, if you are ever stuck on a deserted island you will already have a best friend with you! So go ahead, give it a try!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Salimah said...

I started a relationship with myself about 6 years ago and I have to say I have had a lot of good times with lots of love and laughs. To this day, my top 3 Valentines days are the ones I have spent by myself, on myself. Conversely, there are many times where I have annoyed myself and wished I could leave. Where I did not like who I was and wanted to get away.

My point is, I think your definition of a soul mate (someone you will always love to be around and who will never annoy you and will always boost your confidence) is idealistically flawed. That perfect relationship does not exist with anyone - not even with God - who has many a time annoyed me and with whom I have had ups and downs.

To me, a soul mate is someone who helps you grow into who you want to be. Why does that need to be limited to one person? I think you make a great point that, first and foremost, one should be their own soul mate. However, as the social creatures we are, do we not have much to learn from others? Do we not have so much to give to enrich the lives of those around us?

Why not strive for 'soul mate' status with all of those we care about? What is there to lose by being honest with one another, expecting the best from our friends and family and trying to connect in as many ways as possible?

I can name several people I consider soul mates and I hope I can continue adding to that list.

March 11, 2015 at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home